Search This Blog

Friday 25 March 2016

88 - Random Fillers

Our son is still away skiing - a whole week away for a 10 year old - and the conquering heroes return tomorrow.


Today is Easter Friday and I have come in to the office - partly because I genuinely have work but also because what would I do at home?


In a normal couples' world, I can imagine two people would discuss what they might do - might laze around - go out for a walk - watch a film - do some cooking.


Even in our normal state, I would have been worrying about what would be 'good enough' for her given that her only interests that I have known are shopping and eating. A restaurant - expensive, not expensive? Lunch or dinner? Dishwasher to load and start, ironing to do. Now, I just walk out and go to work. Bliss.


We did actually go to a film together yesterday evening - her suggestion and I acquiesced. Nice enough film but a main protagonist is a middle-aged husband who has had / is having an affair with a female colleague. At one point - before a car accident kills him - he says, 'look, I've been all confused. Do you think we can go back to what we were?'


Did she know some or all of this when suggesting the movie? Don't know, don't care. I have not had an affair, in any case.


Our son has just passed his Grade 1 Violin exam - which we are very pleased about - and he also learns the piano. We almost bought a proper piano but, in the end, she decided not to go ahead.


'Anyway,' she says, 'a piano would have made putting down under-floor difficult. Which is my plan.'


I did not react but 'my plan'? Really? Lovely you have a plan my dear but the money for this? You will contribute in some material fashion?


And under-floor heating because? Her friends have it?


Bollocks to it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...