Search This Blog

Thursday 24 March 2016

87 - Minutae - what sort of a brain is this?


I’ve written before about incidents which suggest a very strange mind set.

So, our shower head was leaking drop by drop. Our plumber could not find a reason and nor could he fix it. Each drop was spraying around the shower floor and surrounding glass – marking the latter. I always placed the head on the floor after a shower – no drops, no spray. I requested her to do the same over a period of many months. No dice. A year and a half down the road, mould has started to grow and, finally, she also now places the head on the floor.

She dropped some ethnic snacks on the floor some years ago and as these little balls are sticky, they picked up dust. I suggested throwing them away. No. They went back into the container with the remaining clean ones (making it all unusable) and this container has been with us – on her bedside table – since 2011 or 2012. It even moved house in 2014 and is still on the bedside table in 2016.

When grilling something in the oven, I always use some foil so that the oil and herbs or whatever do not mark the dish; this makes subsequent cleaning very easy in that you can throw away the foil. She prefers to scrub away for a considerable time rather than use my suggestion of using a foil.

Exaggerating you say?

We moved into our current house in summer 2014. The previous owner’s parents live literally across the road from us. Some Christmas cards arrived in December 2015 for our predecessor. We do not have a forwarding address for them. ‘Should I drop them over the road?’ I ask. ‘No, I will.’

Christmas Day passes, January – still on our mantelpiece.

‘A bit late now,’ I say, ‘I’ll throw them away.’

They are brought back into the house, remain on our mantelpiece and it is now March 24th 2016.

Tiring, far too tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...