Search This Blog

Friday 11 September 2015

57: Is it in the DNA?

Sitting around the dinner table with my wife's parents.
Her mother says, ‘years ago, after doing all the housework in the morning, I used to go to my teaching job. On the way back, I would often meet up with friends – but had to lie to my mother-in-law as she would have gotten angry if she had found out that I had not come straight home.’
Around another dinner table with her aunt and my sister-in-law – her brother’s wife. ‘Your wife’s grandmother often used to get angry. And no one knew what would set her off.’
Her own father: ‘She gets her anger from my mother. You see, that is why I am always jittery.’
Her own mother: ‘She is a bit of a possessive and moody woman - khandanni.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...