Search This Blog

Thursday 24 December 2015

72: Counselling - why?

A lack of 'performance' in the bedroom and I am forced to go the doctors - 'you clearly no longer like me but get yourself checked out.'

The 'ideal' result comes back, there is a potential medical reason as testosterone is low. (Later turns out there is no medical reason - a second test and levels are normal.)

At this point I break down in front of the doctors and ask to be referred for counselling.

What drives me particularly is that I have a dream about taking pills to commit suicide and another one about being in a plane going down and crashing - and me seeing it from the inside and being aware. In both cases I survive. What is worrying is that I rarely remember dreams and I have never dreamt on this subject before.

My pulse which had dropped to 66 over the summer when she was away is continuously elevated.

Death - which has always scared me, particularly since my headmaster died - would now seem a relief.

I know I won't go there but nor is it healthy to even think of such things.

The person from the counselling service confirmed that I had done all the things they would advise people suffering from depression should do: write a diary, share with friends, get exercise, make some space ....

'What you really want is someone to look at your life dispassionately - as your friends will be biased - and perhaps suggest how you can protect yourself, be more selfish?'

I am in the queue for help.

A cousin has suggested energy healing and I have looked on the internet but they do not seem credible and expense will be an issue too.

In the meantime, I have to close my mind as much as I can and try to earn a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...