Search This Blog

Saturday 5 February 2011

Entry 3: A First Attempt at Space

Two weeks now and the silence continues. Her cousin being here helps to alleviate the atmosphere a little.

I  have decided that I will start to go out a little and not always be at her beck and call. So, last Saturday I said that I would be going for some cricket nets on the Sunday and that I would have to leave at 11:30 am. She said that she would go to Sainsbury's first as a friend's son was coming around. So far, so good.

Madam woke up on the Sunday at just before 11 - I had woken  up, given our son breakfast, showered him and  played with him by then as well as making breakfast for her cousin - and informed me that I would have to go to Sainsbury's. This made me half an hour late for the cricket.

A small thing I admit - though it incensed me at the time. But it is these little acts of callousness which have made me fed up with it all. I am taken for granted and I have had enough.

About ten days ago she spilt curry gravy over one of the walls in the dining room. This clearly means that we will have to get the whole room painted as the marks will not go. And that's fine - a number of rooms would have needed painting in the summer anyway. I got in touch with a handyman I know in two days and I asked her to get in touch with someone she knows asap so we could compare quotes. Has she done so? Has she fuck.

This is also a consistent pattern. It took her four months to get a gardener in to clean the garden properly and professionally. It has been 16 months and she still has not called the electricians to fit some lights. I brought some pictures and hanging items out of the garage in August so she could decide where they would go and I would hammer the requisite nails - no decision yet. I even took a day off work in October or November to do this work and she did Facebook all day. She procrastinates and then creates a drama. Went to John Lewis to look at lampshades before Christmas and she said she would order on the internet - has she? No - but it will be my fault that we do not have nice lights. I could do it but she took the responsibility and she must see it through.

I am just sick and tired and wish she would just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...