Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Entry 4: Is it Laziness, is it Depression?

My mum and dad are pretty old - 74 and 84 respectively. They spend half of their year in India and half here and, while here, do feel the need to have us visit relatively often. Mainly to spend time with their grandson.

Having not visited for a couple of weeks, I suggested going on Saturday and staying over - but she said that she had work on Sunday.

On Sunday, then, I woke up at 8 am, took our son to a film at 11, bought lunch to bring back home - to find that washing was still lying around and she still had not had a shower. Very busy.

We are going to India on holiday in the summer and by procrastinating the prices have gone from £420 to £587. We are supposed to be going to France in Easter and it has been a month that she has been looking at rental apartments.

Is it laziness? Is it depression? I don't know - and, increasingly, I do not have the energy to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...