Search This Blog

Friday 26 December 2014

44: Happy Birthday to me - Dec '14

So, it was my birthday. A Saturday.

I am informed that we can go to one of three restaurants - our son wants McDonalds but that is out of the question of course. I suggest a couple of good ones but only her choices will do. I pick one and say that we could go there for her upcoming birthday - 'no, it's too cheap.' But I pick one of her choices for a quiet life.

Come home after lunch and she goes to bed. I look after our son, prepare his dinner etc etc.. No problem of course given this is a week-end and I don't mind as it is just another day to me; how I am treated on a special day is immaterial given how I am treated like dirt the rest of the time.

Sunday I don't go to the gym: I know she will be late up as the afternoon siesta has meant that she has gone to bed very late. Usual day, usual work - great birthday week-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...