Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 August 2018

124: Nasty I know but ...

Life is still fine - we seem to be gettng along. But then, we have now spent close to £50,000 on the house now and two holidays in the summer!!

Nasty in tone that last sentence, I know, but I will let myself go this once.

She was doing a voluntary role - reading at a school. Unpaid of course and about 2 hours a week.

As usual, she was lecturing them about this and that and after one - no doubt - hectoring email, the school came back and said that 'from her tone' it was clear that 'she no longer wanted to work' there - it thanked her and wished her well for the future!

Being let go from a voluntary role is quite a feat.

A number of her friends from a decade or more ago were passing through London - we could see on Facebook. She even got in touch with them. They went out for dinner about half an hour from us - again Facebook. She somehow missed out on being invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...