Search This Blog

Monday 1 September 2014

Entry 36: The Classic Line – you could at least do something


This at the end of a week where she has not woken up once before 10 am, where she has been responsible for two meals only, I have cleared the dishwasher umpteen times, we have been out for dinner and the theatre, she has gone to a party on her own, I have looked after our son from clothes to meals to playing football for hours.

She has loaded and unloaded the washing machine. She has put the clothes out to dry. But when I began to take them upstairs from the sitting room, ‘don’t do that – you don’t know how to fold. I’m going to them in an order.’ They are still there three days later.

The reason for the line?

One chair had not been moved from one room to another. Fair enough – I forgot.

Once more she was stressed because she had spent all day basically doing nothing but had to get books and pencils ready for the start of the new term. And, of course, stuff that other people – like other mums – will see has been done immaculately. The role model of efficiency to all but those at home.

Tired and looking forward to next summer already. How do I make the change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...