Search This Blog

Sunday 2 December 2012

Entry 22: Continuation

Since receiving my letter, she has repeatedly said that she wants to talk about it. I don't go to the gym on Wednesdays but she was busy doing last minute stuff as ever. I stayed in specifically on Thursday but not a word. Today is Sunday and she again said that she wants to talk - so I stated that I stayed in specially on Thursday but can't deal with it now.

The little selfish things continue. On Wednesday she had to deliver some CDs to a family friend who would take them over to her parents in India. Firstly, she left everything to the evening before. Secondly, she came upstairs and tried out the CDs in our DVD player while I was watching the TV that is connected. She did this without asking so I missed a crucial bit. Again, don't really care, but one or two times I have switched off the TV off after the news and been told off in no uncertain terms for having done so without asking her permission.

Secondly, on Thursday she was in the parking area at school and drove into a kerb which punctured one of the car tyres. This is the second time in a couple of months that she has driven into an inanimate object and damaged the car - the first one was a post into which she reversed even though the sensors would have been screaming at her to stop. Did I rant and rave? No. These things happen, it's only a car, we move on. But, of course, I was  told off for spilling a few drops of cough syrup on the bed sheet while giving medication to our son. Does she not even get the irony?

Thirdly, today, Sunday, was a classic. First she said she wanted to go to a film on her own at 2:30 pm.. Great - so I began to plan the day accordingly. Then she decides she wants to go out and leave the film for a later showing - but by now it is about 11:30 am. I give our son a shower, get him ready, give him a few snacks to keep him going and it is 1:30 by the time she is ready. She does not like my suggestion which is a local pub and so, at this point, I give up and ask her to make up her mind. We drive twenty minutes and her recommendation is shut - I would have received a sarcasm-heavy 'brilliant' at this point. So we finally sit down for lunch at 2:30 pm - no big deal for me but unfair on our son.

I have come to the conclusion that she is only happy when everything happens her way. But the really confusing thing is that she actually does not know what she wants!! So how am I supposed to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Entry 1: Walking Cliche

What can I say? I am a walking cliche. 42 years old, a middle manger in a large organisation in a large city. Married, one child (private sc...